Friday, January 23, 2009

Jason Mraz - "Mr. Curiosity"

I love hearing a new song on the radio and instantly falling in love with it. That's what happened with this song. One morning while I was running errands this song came on the radio and I was captivated with the first note. I think the instrumental part is beautifully written, the melody and vocals are very soothing, and very characteristic to Jason Mraz the lyrics are clever and smooth. I really love his style and love his quirky, but cool music.

Dave & I saw Jason Mraz perform live about 4 years ago. He opened for Dave Matthews. He was amazing! At that point the only song I knew of his was "Remedy," which I liked ok, but didn't necessarily love. Let's just say I liked it a whole lot more after seeing it performed live. Like I have said, I'm a sucker for an awesome live performance.

Jason Mraz is an amazing live performer and INCREDIBLY talented. He is extremely musical, very versatile, and funny. I thought it was pretty awesome in his concert when he mentioned that Dave Matthews was one of his musical idols and that he got a lot of his inpiration from him. How amazing that there he was opening for one of his biggest influences. Wow!

Read more about the artist
Read the lyrics
Get the sheet music (awesome!)
Watch a live performance

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment