Friday, January 9, 2009

Dire Straits - "Romeo & Juliet"

Great song from my past.

This song reminds me of my carefree, relaxing days in high school hanging out with my friends, driving around town, riding on the bus to a game, or just sitting in my room. The simple music and storyline lyrics were soothing and relaxing to me. I could listen to this song while doing homework, talking to friends, or singing along. This song was among the songs that I turned to to escape from the world. I could listen to this song and nothing seemed to matter.

I wouldn't say I'm a huge Dire Straits fan, but I do enjoy their music, or the few songs that I know at least. This song I particularly love as well as other versions I've heard by the Indigo Girls and the Killers.

Read more about the song.
Read more about the band.
Watch a video.

1 comment:

  1. This song makes me think of you and your high school years, even though I don't remember hearing it during that time. Maybe it's the way you described your feelings around it. Those were great days. They molded you into the woman that you are now. I'm so proud of the paths that you have chosen. You chose some that were less travelled and that has made all the difference.
    xoxo You are my prayers and dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete