Saturday, May 22, 2010

Miley Cyrus - "When I Look At You"

WOW.
It has been quite a long time.
And boy do I have a treat for you for this week's pick. Miley Cyrus. Yup. Hannah Montana. It has come to this.

Seriously though, this is a great song. I first heard "When I Look At You" when Miley performed on American Idol a few weeks ago and I was quite impressed. I have to admit, Miley Cyrus is an acquired taste. At least she has been for me. Perhaps not for everyone. It's hard to see pass the teeny-bopper, Disney child-star in her, but the girl really does have some talent.

The more I listen to her "more serious" songs, the more I hear Stevie Nicks in her. I don't know, perhaps that's a stretch. Not sure that I'm ready to put Miley Cyrus in the same category as Stevie Nicks, or anywhere close for that matter, but I can hear somewhat of a resemblance.

Perhaps I'm crazy.

Listen for yourself and see what you think.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment