Friday, July 24, 2009

Pearl Jam - "Better Man" and Memories Mix

For my little brother's birthday this year, I made him a Memoris Mix full of songs that remind me of each of our siblings. Since we are all pretty spread across the country, I love listening to these songs and thinking of them. Makes me not feel so far away for an hour or so while listening to this mix.

Pour Some Sugar On Me: Def Leppard Jen/Dan
Smooth: Santana ft. Rob Thomas Dan
Viva La Vida: Coldplay Brian
Two Step: Dave Matthews Band we all love DMB
The Freshman: The Verve Pipe Andrew
Walking In Memphis: Marc Cohn Dan
Mr. Jones: Counting Crows Andrew/Dan
Machinehead: Bush Meg
Better Man: Pearl Jam Dan
Senorita: Justin Timberlake Meg
Livin' On A Prayer: Bon Jovi Jen
Satelite: Dave Matthews Band see above
You've Got A Friend: James Taylor Mom
Bye Bye Bye: NSync Meg

The pick of the week this week is off this mix.
"Better Man" by Pearl Jam. This song probably has the most vivid memory out of them all. Every time I listen to it I picture my brother Dan sitting on his bed, home from college over Thanksgiving break, playing his guitar (that he used scholarship money to buy) and singing "Better Man." I even remember him calling me into his room to play it for me. One of my fondest memories of him. And ever since, I always hear him singing it when I listen - not Eddie Vedder.

So I hope you enjoy this week's pick and the accompanying mix.
Music makes memories. The most vivid.

No comments:

Post a Comment