Friday, February 6, 2009

Fisher - "I Will Love You"

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I thought I would pick one of my favorite love songs this week. "I Will Love You" by Fisher has been a favorite of mine since I heard it. Honestly, I can't remember the first time I heard it or who introduced it to me, but I know that it instantly became a favorite.

I love the simplicity of the music and lyrics. I really feel the vulnerability, the honesty, desperation, and exposure of her love. Those feelings of realizing how deeply you love someone, and needing desperately to know that the love is returned, are so vivid in this music.

And I need to know, will you stay for all time. Forever and a day.

I remember these feelings. Feeling like I needed to know that we would always be together and that we would always be in love. And that if I knew that, I could do anything.

By the way - I LOVE songs that make me feel something specific. If I can feel whatever emotion the artist is trying to portray - and even better, if I can relate those feelings to a specific moment in my life - then the artist has an incredible gift in my book, and the song becomes an instant favorite. This song definitely qualifies.

Read more about the band (pretty interesting).
Watch the video.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment