Monday, February 23, 2009

Braveheart - "Freedom"

In honor of the Oscars, this week I have picked (a little late) a theme from one of my favorite movies, Braveheart, which won best picture in 1995.

The scene when this music is played is one of the most powerful movie scenes and I believe it was due mostly to the music - and of course the incredible acting by Mel Gibson. It is the scene at the end when William Wallace (Mel Gibson) is being tortured so that he would surrender and swear allegiance to England. His most memorable response, while he was literally being gutted, was "FREEDOM!!!"

I LOVE the bagpipes in this theme and the drums. Really, I love EVERYTHING about this piece. It evokes so many emotions and is just beautiful.

Enjoy! And I hope you all enjoyed the Oscars last night!

Watch the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment